When the year 2014 started, I had major goals in mind for my books and writing path... but like many people, I was terrified at what seemed like a LONG road to reach them. But looking back over it all, I have to say... I didn't do too shabby.
- I wanted to submit manuscripts this year... and I did. But most importantly, I wanted to finish writing what I have considered my "baby" for WAY too long... and I did. The Unfading Lands is written.
- I wanted to switch publishing companies... and with nervousness and feelings of inadequacy... I did. (Best move thus far.)
- I wanted to set up a website... though I am not super tech savvy, I learned and I did it. Why not, right? (Help is always appreciated with this as well. ) :)
- I wanted to let go of my pride and let people catch a glimpse of what I am about... vulnerability was NOT part of the plan originally, but I wanted people to read my book before I published it so I would know if I was making the right decision. But along with that, came A LOT of vulnerability and feelings of... shyness... ME!? SHY?! But yes... yes, I was. I felt like I was bearing a side to me many people had not seen. What if they didn't like it? What if they didn't like my style of writing? But I did it. And now I no longer have those feelings. It is what it is, and people are either going to like or they won't.
- I wanted to reach 1000 LIkes on my Facebook Page by December, and with YOUR help, WE did it!!!
But most importantly this year, through all the uncertainties and new projects and all the learning... I've made sure I have had FUN. If it was not fun, I stopped what I was doing and took a different route. Writing is my outlet. I love it. I did not want anything to rob me of the joy I have in writing. Therefore, I didn't let that happen.
And I can truly say, that though I have had a few hurdles to jump over through this new process... everything has been a blast!
So when I think about my goals for 2015, I plan to not freak out, not get overwhelmed, and to allow myself to be vulnerable and let people inside my crazy head. Take time to enjoy the journey. Take notes along the way, because who knows, it all might end up in a book.
I plan to keep believing I CAN DO THIS, because no one is your worst critic than yourself...
So Happy New Year everyone! Set goals, work hard, believe in yourself, TRUST that God will lead you in the direction HE wants you to go in, and something tells me you can have an amazing 2015.
Thank you for being a part of my life, in whichever way you are!
(P.S. Sorry for the ridiculously long post)
Howdy Everyone! And welcome to my website! My name is Katharine Hamilton and I am a writer and multi-genre author! Thank you for stopping by!